ArenaNet has now launched the pre-purchase for Guild Wars 2. Gamers who commit to the game now will receive access to the upcoming Beta weekend events.
The first Beta weekend that will be open to the general public is expected to launch at the end of the month but no exact date has been set just yet.
Access to the Beta can be obtained by pre-purchasing either the Guild Wars 2 Collector’s, Digital Deluxe or Standard/Digital Editions. As part of the pre-purchase offer, gamers will be given the Hero’s Band which will also offers characters a power boost.
The three versions on offer include:
The Standard/Digital Edition:
– Guild Wars 2 serial code (to activate the game at launch)
– Guaranteed access to Guild Wars 2 beta events
– Three day ‘headstart’ access to Guild Wars 2 at launch
– Exclusive ‘Hero’s Band’ in-game item
The Digital Deluxe Edition:
Includes the digital features of the Standard Edition (as above) plus five in-game items, including a Mistfire Wolf that will fight alongside players and a miniature Rytlock who will accompany them on their travels through Tyria.
The Collector’s Edition:
For the complete Guild Wars 2 experience, the Collector’s Edition includes all of the contents found within the Standard Edition and Digital Deluxe editions, plus:
– A 25 centimetre hand-painted Rytlock Brimstone statue wielding a flaming sword
– 112 page Making of Guild Wars 2 hardback book
– Best of Guild Wars 2 Soundtrack CD
– A custom art frame complete with portfolio and five Guild Wars 2 art prints
– Collectible Metal Box
Guild Wars 2 is one of the most anticipated PC releases this year so to celebrate today’s news we also have a new pre-purchase trailer.