Path of Exile is expected to receive the 1.0.3 update on 11 December according to an update from Grinding Gear Games.
The v1.0.3 update will be preceded by a 1.0.2b patch which “improves some areas of 1.0.2″. As far as the 1.0.3 update is concerned, there’s more new content to be enjoyed including a new skill called Barrage, new uniques, achievements, recipes and even improved impact sounds. Here’s some tentative update notes with the key features.
- New Skill: Barrage – a bow/wand skill.
- New Uniques: There are several new Unique items, and we’re hoping at least one of them will be another Map.
- New Achievements: There are two coming in 1.0.3.
- Vendor Recipes: We’ve added a few more recipes. Some of these are very appropriate for racers.
- New microtransactions: We have three in the works. I’m hoping the Storm Call one will be ready in time
- Updated combat impact sounds!
- Passive skills to support degeneration and chaos damage skills.
Path of Exile has been a enjoying a busy weekend where it made the top ten played games list on Steam as the service smashed through its concurrent peak user record.