Did you get your fill of press conferences and developer chats at E3? No? Well then, you might want to attend the Develop Conference in Brighton. For 10-12 July, the event is promising developer-led sessions in the areas of “Art, Business, Coding, Design, Evolve and Production” as well as two new categories, “Visionaries and Education”.
This seventh annual event will feature appearances by Ian Livingstone, David Braben, Dave Perry and Stephen Root. You can see some Conference-picked highlights below, but since there are over 100 sessions scheduled you’ll no doubt be able to find something to suit your tastes.
- Evolve Keynote: Jason Holtman , Director of Business Development, Valve; Everyone’s Business is Business
- Art Keynote: James Zhang, Founder and CEO , Concept Art House; Evolution of Art in Social and Mobile Games
- Audio Keynote: Stephen Root, Director of Audio, Codemasters
- New Visionaries track, including sessions from Gaikai’s David Perry, Eidos Life President Ian Livingstone, David Braben with Raspberry Pi and Blitz Game Studios’ Philip Oliver
- Indie Game: The Movie – free screening hosted by Ukie in association with Develop in Brighton on Tuesday 10 July at the Odeon Cinema on the seafront
If you’re interested in that whole development thing, ticket registration is now open here. An ‘early bird’ rate is running until 13 June.