As promised, the EA team has now increased the server pool for Sim City players to alleviate the load.
A message from the community team this evening reads as follows:
We have added 8 new servers over the past 8 hours to accommodate the heavy traffic we’ve encountered with fans wanting to play the game. The additional servers will help with latency and connection issues players have been experiencing . In an effort to further improve stability and performance, we will be taking down some of our servers for hardware upgrades. We are diligently striving to restore optimal gameplay status as soon as possible. Please bear with us for this scheduled maintenance.
Maintenance: We are taking down EU West 4 to upgrade it’s hardware, which will allow for a larger capacity and faster response times. While we implement this upgrade, access to this server will be unavailable. Rest assured, no saves or data will be lost.
The list of new servers available to players now include:
- EU East 4
- NA East 4
- EU West 6
- EU West 5
- NA West 3
- NA West 4
- North America East 3
- Oceanic 2
In related news to coincide with the upgrades, the v1.3 patch has been released and addresses the following…
- Fix for a crash related to the highway interchanges and vehicles.
- Traffic was optimized for complex road sections.
- Fix for a specific case of city processing that forced players to rollback their cities to a previous state.
- Fix for a crash some players saw when exiting their city.
- Rapidly clicking or accidently double clicking the Claim city button will no longer create multiple regions.
- We temporarily removed filtering by friends and maps on the Join Game screen to better support database performance. Players can still find friends’ regions by going to their friends’ profile pages.
- Various database optimization to address issues with connecting to our servers
- We’ve added 8 new servers (Oceanic 2, NA East 3, NA West 4, EU West 5, NA West 3, EU East 4, NA East 4 and EU West 6).