More changes at thesurvivor2299.com today, with the introduction of yet another Morse code. This one is named ‘Hanscom.mp3’ which just so happens to be the name of an Air Force base in Massachusetts (where rumours persist that Fallout 4 will be based.)
It only went up about half an hour ago at the time of writing, so this is an early translation based on the work (as ever) of r/Fallout. I’m not sure anybody has the definitive translation down yet, but the message reads as follows:
tw0730 on cq cq cq de vt 2510730 one six emrg vt shlt fer surv qbn nr 119 ii emrg vt shlt fer surv qbn nr 119 k
The most convincing reading of this appears to be:
Calling any station / Calling any station / Calling any station / this is vt 2510730 / one six / emergency vt (vault?) shelter for survivors / Quabbin Basin / Number 119 / I repeat / emergency vt shelter for survivors / Quabbin Basin / Number 119 / Over
The “vt 2510730” is a bit strange, as is the return of “one six” which was in a previous message as well. “Number 119” could, one presumes, refer to a vault number, possibly a number of survivors, or even a highway (numbered 119) in Massachusetts. Quabbin Basin, as before, is a reservoir in MA.
Here’s the sequence of events thus far. Again, this has not been officially confirmed as a Fallout 4 campaign, but it’s either that or a very elaborate hoax.
- Back in August an anonymous tipster pops up saying the game will be set in Boston.
- The Survivor2299.com site appears on 14 November
- European tradmark discovered on 17 November
- 20 November – Morse code changes
- 22 November Nuclear Winter is coming message appears
- 22-24 November – New code with two dates and reference to the Quabbin Reservoir
- 25 November – New Morse code, Fallout: New Vegas updated on Steam (apparently unrelated)
- 27 November – New Morse code once again.
Comments are closed.