Have you been secretly dreaming about playing Castle Crashers on your PC or Mac since it was released on Xbox Live Arcade all those years (well, four) ago? Now is the time for your dreams to become wonderful reality, as The Behemoth has announced a release date of 26 September for the PC/Mac versions.
So, by “now,” I sort of meant “next week”.
Still, that’s not at all long to wait. It’ll be available through Steam and has some rather modest system requirements, which I’ll replicate below. The Behemoth is also planning to give away “free Castle Crashers Steam codes and Castle Crashers merch for trivia & random internet shenanigans” on release day, so keep an eye out for that.
- OS:Microsoft® Windows® XP / Vista / 7
- Processor:Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz+ or better
- Memory:2 GB RAM
- Graphics:Graphics Card that supports Pixel Shader 2.0 and Vertex Shader 2.0
- Hard Drive:250 MB HD space
- Sound:DirectX compatible
- Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
- Additional:Supports Microsoft® Xbox 360 controller or Direct Input compatible controller
Source: The Behemoth