Western games don’t tend to do well in Japan. However, it seems nothing can halt Call of Duty’s continual rise to world conquering glory. has reached top spot in the Japanese chart, selling 180,372 copies on PS3 and a further 30,467 on 360.
Black Ops achieved the same feat last year, although sales figures were slightly lower.
didn’t do badly either, debuting at number five.
The rest of the top ten is made up of Japanese-developed games, including One Piece Gigant Battle! 2 for the Nintendo DS in second, and Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch for PS3 in third.
Click the links in the text above for the relevant reviews.
Full Japanese top-ten software chart as follows:
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PS3) – New Entry.
2. One Piece Gigant Battle! 2 (DS) – New Entry.
3. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3) – New Entry.
4. Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
5. Saints Row: The Third (PS3) – New Entry.
6. Final Fantasy Type-0 (PSP)
7. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (360) – New Entry.
8. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Extend (PSP)
9. Sengoku Basara 3 Utage (PS3)
10. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (PS3) – New Entry.