One of the major complaints with SimCity has been the city sizes, and in our interview with Kip Katsarelis we asked the developers if they were looking at ways on maximising space in the citied by giving players the opportunity to create flyovers and underpasses.
The good news is the Maxis team have been listening and in update 7 new features will include bridges, overpasses, and tunnels when creating routes around the cities. Traffic is also being attended to, something that’s been an issue on an off since the game was released back in March, although there’s still no sign of one-way systems just yet.
A full list of plans for update 7 read as follows:
- New: Brand new tool to create bridges, overpasses, and tunnels when you draw your roads.
When building your road, pressing the , key or . key will lower or raise the road accordingly creating overpasses, bridges and tunnels.
Note: Existing road layouts cannot be raised or lowered
- New: Improvements for Traffic behavior to make it smarter. This should reduce the number of lines formed by all available vehicles converging on a single spot. This affects all vehicles including Police, Fire Trucks, Moving Trucks, Garbage Trucks, Recycling Trucks, Resource Trucks, Buses, Ambulances, and Civilian vehicles going home, to work, or shopping.
- New: Tree tools – Place individual trees around your city. These tools are located at the end of the Nature Parks palette.
- Terrain: Fixes an issue some player’s see where terrain covers sections of roads while the camera is zoomed out.
- Fixed an issue where the fire animation would sometimes continue when fire was extinguished.
- Parks: Sports parks are now accepting Sims 24 hours a day.
- Airship: The number of Airship passenger trips should now be correct over multiple days.
- Vehicles: Vehicles now accelerate and decelerate faster, allowing them to leave buildings and go through intersections more efficiently.
- Freight: Freight trucks now only leave factories if they have a valid delivery destination.
- Gifting: Money gifting should be more reliable.
Update 6 was released yesterday adding the new Granite Lake map and RCI improvements.
Comments are closed.