You may remember all the datamining that appeared which included some great looking ship models and was dubbed the Super Secret Space Project. Today we finally have a reveal which explains what all the fuss was about.
Starting in December, a new digital expansion for Star Wars: the Old Republic will be released called Galactic Starfighter. This is a new PvP dogfighting add-on for Bioware’s MMO where 12v12 can battle it out in space in iconic Star Wars ships.
“Our goal with Star Wars: The Old Republic has always been to immerse players into their own Star Wars adventure and huge space battles are a vital part of fulfilling that fantasy,” said Jeff Hickman, General Manager of BioWare Austin. “Galactic Starfighter will be a deep experience that will continue to grow over time. We can’t wait for both our current and new players to get their hands on it soon.”
Key features include multiple battle zones and gameplay modes, starfighter customisation, multiple ship types and XP gains for your ground based characters.
Early access will begin at the start of December with other tiers to follow.
Subscriber Early Access Rewards (Subscriber Early Access opens December 3, 2013)
- Early Access to Galactic Starfighter on December 3
- Exclusive Paint Jobs***
- Two Pilot Suits
- Two Titles (“Test Pilot” and “First Galactic Starfighter”)
- Subscribers get the maximum leveling and progression benefit (a Starfighter Pass will also be available for purchase in the Cartel Market beginning January 14)
Preferred Status players will receive:
- Early Access to Galactic Starfighter on January 14
- Two Pilot Suits
- Exclusive Title (“Test Pilot”)
Everyone will be able to play for free from 4 February if you want to hang on until then.