What’s the most terrifying thing about any holiday? Not just Halloween, but any holiday? It’s not the monsters. It’s not the ghoulies. It’s not existential ennui. It’s not even that thing creeping up behind you right now. No: it’s Steam’s penchant for holiday-based sales which drain your bank account as hungrily as a vampire in a girls’ boarding school.
Obviously, then, they couldn’t resist the urge to have a Halloween sale. And obviously it’s not going to be something small, with a mere handful of discounted games. Oh no. It’s going to be 149 of the bloody things, in various states of decay. Or, er, discount.
In fairness, not all of them are super-amazing deals; things like Telltale’s recent The Wolf Among Us are present, but are only discounted by 10%. There are also things like Aliens: Colonial Marines for £3.74 and The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct for £14.99, both of which are rather optimistically priced.
I’m not going to list everything, because that would take forever, but here are a few personal picks, and yes, there are about a dozen more things I want to recommend. Have a look at the terrifyingly huge sale page, if you don’t fear for your bank balance.
- The Adventures of Shuggy – £0.99 (75% off)
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent – £3.24 (75% off)
- Atom Zombie Smasher – £1.19 (80% off)
- Brutal Legend – £3.74 (75% off)
- DmC Devil May Cry – £10.19 (66% off)
- Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition – £3.74 (75% off)
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing – £5.99 (50% off)
- Limbo – £1.74 (75% off)
- Monaco – £5.99 (50% off)
- Outlast – £9.99 (33% off)
- Rise of the Triad – £5.99 (50% off)
- Sleeping Dogs – £3.99 (80% off)
- Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines – £3.74 (75% off)
- The Walking Dead – £5.24 (75% off)
Comments are closed.