Following news that the PC version of Call of Duty: Black Ops is suffering from
The problem, which is related to CPU’s, happens when the game is running at full speed, causing the title to ‘skip’ and ‘lag’.
The downloadable patch, which has been released via Steam, improves performance for dual and quad core systems, solves graphics card issues and alters servers to reduce lag.
Writing on its site, Steam said the patch will include a ‘friends fix for join in progress and friends tab in server browser and performance improvement for dual and quad core systems.’
The PlayStation 3 version of Black Ops is also reportedly suffering from a number of , but is yet to see a patch released for it.
Here’s a full list of the updates the patch provides (thanks to the COD ):-
– GameServers.com has bumped sv_maxrate to 25000 across all servers to reduce lag.
– GameServers.com continues to improve official server distribution in various worldwide regions.
– Friends fix for join in progress and Friends tab in server browser.
– Performance improvement for dual and quad core.
– Improved connectivity with Black Ops Rcon tool.
Activision is still working on the following issues:-
– GPU hitching on certain graphics cards.
– Incomplete server browser results.
– Improvements to Quickmatch joins (results with better ping and reduced lag).
– Zombies “The game session is no longer available” error.