EA kicked E3 off with their EA Play event and there were a few bits and pieces to take note of as well as a load of trailers. Here are the news highlights and trailers from the event.
I’ll be honest here and say it was all a little disappointing. Not much new was actually shown to get excited about. Anthem looked OK but nothing spectacular and EA should be ashamed of what they have done with the Command & Conquer IP. At least Madden is finally coming to the PC which will please American football fans.
Here are the main highlights from the EA Play event if you missed it and don’t forget tomorrow it’s Microsoft, Bethesda, and Devolver Digital.
EA Play News Highlights
- Unravel 2 was announced and then immediately released today.
- Battlefield V will be getting battle royale mode and more details will be coming later this year.
- Command & Conquer Rivals as EA continues to misuse a great franchise.
- Respawn is working on a new Star Wars game called Jedi Fallen Order releasing autumn 2019.
- Star Wars: Battlefront 2 will be getting the Clone Wars with four new heroes, a dogfighting mode, and an improved squad system.
- Origin Access Premier will grant access to new games prior to release which will include games from other developers.
- Anthem will not have loot boxes but there will be microtransactions for cosmetics. There will also be no PvP. Releases on 22 February 2019.
EA E3 2018 Trailers
Battlefield V – Multiplayer trailer
FIFA 19 – UEFA Champions League is coming this year.
Sea of Solitude
Unravel 2 – This is out right now!
Command & Conquer Rivals (Mobile game)
Origin Access Premier
Madded 19 – It’s actually coming to PC!
Related to this article
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.