With Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age: Inquisition both available today (in the US at least,) AMD has released new Catalyst 14.11.2 beta drivers promising tip-top optimisation in those games.
Those two games pretty much dominate the changelog notes on these particular drivers, probably because the release of 14.11.1 took place relatively recently. It’s worth noting that the Crossfire profile is currently disabled in Far Cry 4 while Ubisoft “investigate an issue” with Crossfire linked cards not working as intended in that game. AMD say that some Crossfire users are also reporting flickering in Dragon Age: Inquisition.
Here are some more change notes for 14.11.2, with specific performance claims:
Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 14.11.2 Windows® Beta Driver Performance Improvements
- Dragon Age: Inquisition performance optimizations
– Up to 5% performance increase over Catalyst™ 14.11.1 beta in single GPU scenarios with Anti-Aliasing enabled.
– Optimized AMD CrossFire™ profile
- Far Cry 4 performance optimizations
– Up to 50% performance increase over Catalyst™ 14.11.1 beta in single GPU scenarios with Anti-Aliasing enabled.
You can download 14.11.2 beta drivers, and read up on even more specific patch notes, over at AMD’s site.