There’s a new AMD driver release in town today, taking Crimson to 16.10.1 and adding specific support for the upcoming Mafia 3 and Gears of War 4. It also adds a Crossfire profile for Shadow Warrior 2 (out next week as well).
The fixes list is mostly full of statements addressing flickering when using Crossfire (Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Battlefield 1, Paragon, Overwatch), and indicates that these should no longer be a problem. In addition, The Crew should no longer suffer from sudden, unexplained frame-rate drops on AMD GPUs.
Look below for the summary of supported games, fixed issues, and remaining known problems with Crimson 16.10.1.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.10.1 Highlights
- Support For:
- Gears of War® 4
- Mafia III™
- New AMD CrossFire profile added for DirectX® 11:
- Shadow Warrior™2
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided™ may experience minor stutter during gameplay when using AMD CrossFire mode or may crash when launching the in game benchmark.
- The Crew™ may experience a random or sudden FPS drop while playing.
- Battlefield™1 may experience flickering on some surfaces when using AMD CrossFire mode.
- Radeon WattMan may fail to keep Power Limit settings after hitting apply in some cases.
- Overwatch™ may experience flickering character models while in the hero selection menu or during gameplay in AMD Crossfire mode.
- Paragon™ may experience flickering while using AMD FreeSync technology and AMD CrossFire mode in conjunction.
- Pixel Format option is no longer missing for some Radeon RX 400 series products in Radeon Settings.
- A few game titles may fail to launch, experience performance issues or crash if the third party application “Raptr” has its game overlay enabled. A workaround is to disable the overlay if this is experienced.
- The Division™ may experience a game hang during extended periods of play while in AMD CrossFire mode.
- Rise of the Tomb Raider™ may experience an application crash when changing the resolution from in-game menus when running DirectX®12. Users can restart the game to complete the resolution change.
- While using or having Radeon WattMan open in Radeon Settings in AMD CrossFire mode, the secondary/slave graphics processor clocks will increase to their highest state.
- H.264 content may experience blocky corruption when streaming using P2P content players on some Radeon RX 400 series graphics products.