AMD has kicked out the AMD Crimson Edition 16.3.1 hotfix driver which comes with fixes and game support for Need for Speed and also Hitman Crossfire support.
This driver is an update to last week’s release and fixes game crashes in UE4 games as well as other bits and pieces. The driver is available from AMD’s site.
Updated Crossfire Profiles available for:
- Need for Speed
- Installed or played games sometimes do not show up in the Radeon™ Settings “Gaming” tab.
- Installing via command line may not work for some users. As a workaround please use the default GUI installer.
- Intermittent hang sometimes experienced on UE4 applications.
- Black screen or possible hang after launching Oculus Video Application.
- DirectX®12 application frame rates are no longer locked to the refresh rate of the display panel.
- A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved “In Game Overlay”
- FFXIV can experience black screen or application hang
- The Division may experience flickering in Crossfire™ mode.
- League of Legends® may experience some graphical corruption on characters death animation in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
- Rift® may experience a hang when playing with FRTC and V-Sync enabled. As a work around users are suggested to disable V-Sync.
- Plants vs Zombies™: Garden Warfare 2 may experience some flickering in Crossfire™ mode.
- Power efficiency toggle in Radeon™ Settings is showing up for some unsupported products.
- Hitman™ may experience poor Crossfire™ scaling when “Super Sampling” is set to 1.5x.
- Need for Speed™ may experience poor scaling or flickering in Crossfire™ mode.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.