A new set of AMD drivers released today should see the end of Nier: Automata’s ‘White Screen’ bug on their hardware. ReLive 17.5.2 addresses the “random hang or application crash” in that game, and brings additional support to Prey.
Over on the AMD subreddit there’s a little bit of further insight into the long-running Nier: Automata problem. An AMD employee posting there says “sometimes when an issue seems like it’s so simple [it] can turn out to be incredibly complicated to resolve, taking longer than expected time to discover, resolve, and verify the root cause.” So it sounds like this one was a tricky problem to figure out.
As well as a boost for Prey on 580 cards, 17.5.2 brings a fix for long loading and launch times in Forza Horizon 3. Read on for more details about this release.
Related to this article
Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.5.2 Highlights
- Up to 4.5% performance improvement measured on Radeon RX 580 8GB graphics when compared to Radeon Software Crimson ReLive edition 17.5.1(1)
- NieR™: Automata may experience a random hang or application crash after short periods of gameplay.
- Forza™ Horizon 3 may experience very long map/launch load times.
- The primary display adapter may sometimes appear disabled in Radeon Settings while driving a display from the linked adapter in Multi GPU system configurations.
- Radeon RX 550 series graphics products may experience a system hang when entering sleep or hibernate modes.
- Virtual Super Resolution may fail to enable on some Radeon RX 400 and Radeon RX 500 series graphics products.
- The Display feature in Radeon Settings “GPU Scaling” may not function for some games.
- A small amount of apps may still experience issues with Borderless Fullscreen mode and AMD FreeSync™ technology if other applications or game launchers are running on the primary screen in the background.
- Counter-Strike™: Global Offensive and World of Warcraft™ may experience flickering or performance issues the first time the game is launched on a system boot with AMD FreeSync™ technology enabled. Workarounds include exiting and restarting the application or task switching (alt+tab) in and out of the game to fix the issue.