Version 14 of the free to play APB Reloaded has arrived and comes with a stack of free game updates as well as new Steam packs.
This update adds 20 new levels to the level progression, a flare gun and blowtorch weapon, more slots and car mods:
- Two new contacts, Aletta & Gumball in the Financial District – they extend the game’s high level progression by 20 more levels
- Radar tower car mod – Highlights enemies on your radar that pass near your vehicle
- Blowtorch weapon – Heals damage done to your vehicle, burns enemies
- Remote Detonator car mod – Just like it says. Push the button, car goes boom.
- Muffler car mod – Keeps your vehicle off radar while you coast
- High Burn Point Fuel car mod – Being near your car if and when it explodes causes it to hurt less
- Flare gun weapon – Previously only available via Joker Distribution, now available via progression.
- Additional slot unlocks – for clothing, themes, songs, and vehicles
Two new bundle packs have also been added to Steam to help new players get started, one that’s a lot pricier than the other.
- New Blood Pack ($9) A starter kit to get new players up and running, with 14 days each of Premium, the ACT44 handgun, and the NFAS shotgun (the ultimate spray and pray weapon)
- Key to the City Pack ($99) The ultimate collection of permanent cars, guns, gear, designs, and emotes.
Michael Boniface, the European Managing Director of Reloaded Productions, said, “For every update we listen very carefully to what our players and forum members are telling us and combine the best ideas and concepts with those from our development team. It means every update introduces significant ideas to the game and involves our players from the very beginning. Our goal is simple – to make APB Reloaded one of the best MMO games in the world. We’re committed to supporting, updating and improving APB.”
It’s been a while since we ventured into APB but there are apparently 3 million registered user now and some of them must still be playing.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.