On occasions there’s the odd press release that drops into our mail boxes on April Fools that may catch us out. It’s doesn’t happen often, but it can happen. Today the industry is up to its old tricks again, and seeing as its after midday, we’ll point out the stories that have surfaced so far. Most have been quite obvious this year although I think the Starbound game updates may have caught a few people out.
There’s a few “simulator” ones which is no huge surprise and it’s nice to see Flappy Bird get a recreation from the Blizzard crew. We’ll add to this list as we find new ones throughout the day.
- New playable race in Neverwinter. The Dragons.
- War Thunder’s new Japanese war Machine.
- Croteam’s Idiot Simulator
- The World of Tanks Crayfish game
- 8-Bits Calc MMO
- Guild Wars 2 gets Bobblehead characters
- Llama Simulator from Kalypso
- The long-nosed villagers introduced in Minecraft beta 1.9 have become sentient
- War of the Vikings guaranteed entry to Valhalla
- Starbound combat changes
- Arma III Karts
- Blizzard announced Vengeance of the Vanquished
- StarCraft II Herald of the Stars expansion details
- Diablo III Happy Reaper expansion (play it here)
- Guild Wars 2 Bobbleheads