Ubisoft’s dedicated blog for up to the minute Assassin’s Creed: Unity patch news continues to pump out posts, including this new one about what to expect in the next patch. On PC that would be Patch 1.3.0, but in the blog post they keep referring to it as just “Patch 3.” I’m pretty sure they’re the same thing though.
To get the bad news out of the way immediately, it doesn’t sound as though this patch will do much for frame-rates. Indeed, it does seem as though Ubisoft knows how to properly address those issues yet. The blog states “We are also investigating various performance issues including framerate drops, and are looking into how we can address them. We’ll tell you more about our progress on that topic in the coming days.”
Some kind of “crowd density” toggle would seem to be the obvious choice, but I’ve no idea how feasible that would be to implement (probably not very.)
In terms of what is hopefully going to be addressed by this next Assassin’s Creed: Unity patch, here’s what Ubisoft has to say:
- Gameplay: this includes bugs like Arno getting stuck on certain areas of the map (including a few more hay carts), problems with getting into/out of cover, character animation bugs, and general camera problems
- AI & Crowd: in this category are problems with NPC animations, crowd events, and crowd stations, NPC navigation issues, as well as bugs related to NPCs detecting Arno’s activities in various situations
- Matchmaking & Connectivity: this covers a number of issues related to co-op play, including bugs with joining games in-progress and problems that happen during host migration
- Menus & HUD: fixes in this category will address missing details in certain menus, problems with some of the mission objective and co-op update pop-ups, localization inconsistencies, as well as some of the issues with menus and pop-ups overlapping each other
- General Stability: this includes fixes for a number of crash situations we’ve identified in both campaign and co-op modes.
This list “isn’t finalised” yet, nor is there a schedule for when this patch might be on the way. I’d hazard a guess at it showing up by the end of the week.
Update 25 November: Well, I was totally wrong with that “end of the week” estimate. It is coming at the end of this week though.