Ubisoft has set up its special site for the distribution of free apology games to those who purchased the Assassin’s Creed: Unity Season Pass. If you bought the Season Pass, you are entitled to sign in to the site and claim a freebie title.
The Assassin’s Creed: Unity liveblog thing has more specific details on how to get hold of your game. Here are some step-by-step instructions if you’re on PC:
– Go to this site.
– Tell it you own the game/season pass on PC.
– Log on with your uPlay account details (hope you can remember those!) Even if you bought the game on Steam, they’ll still need you to log in to uPlay. So that might mean creating a new account. Quite how it knows who you are at that point, I’m not sure. But that’s what it says to do.
– Accept the terms and conditions without reading them like always (it relinquishes your right to sue Ubisoft, so if you were planning to do that then don’t sign it.)
– Choose a game from the selection offered (which I believe is Watch Dogs, Far Cry 4, The Crew, Rayman Legends and Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag.) It’ll put a green box around it with a tick. Then press the confirm button.
– Sit back and wait for Ubisoft to email you a key to your uPlay account address. Keep an eye on your spam folder, just in case. You may receive a Steam key if you bought Assassin’s Creed: Unity and the Season Pass through Steam. Otherwise, it’ll be a uPlay key.
- Open the Uplay client and log in.*
- Click on GAMES.
- Click on ACTIVATE PRODUCT.
- Enter your code in the “Activation Code” field.
- Click OK at the bottom of the Uplay Product Activation page.