Kara’s Domain is a location in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarok. There are also several battles here that you can participate in. Here’s our Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarok guide to help you with Valkyrie Kara’s Domain challenges and rewards.
Note: For more information, check out our Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarok guides and features hub. Likewise, we suggest taking a look at our world map fast travel and points of interest guide.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarok guide – Kara’s Domain challenges and rewards
Kara’s Domain can be found in the Svaladal region of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarok. You can follow the river or main roads northeast from Gullnamar until you reach Jordeygr Shelter and Yrkjandi Mylna. From there, cross the river until you see the mountain. This can be quite a hassle to climb, so I suggest using the Power of the Raven so you can fly to the top.
Note: Once discovered, Kara’s Domain will act as a fast travel point so you can return here whenever you like. There are also several corpses here that you can interact with to receive different Hugr-Rip powers.
Kara’s Domain rewards
These are the rewards from Kara’s Domain in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarok:
- Odin the All-Father armor set – Chance to increase adrenaline gains from headshots or weak point hits; increased headshot damage.
- All-Father’s Guard (shield) – Increased ability damage when parrying.
- Aesir Eye (bow) – Gain some adrenaline after a fully-charged headshot.
- Einherjar’s Rage (rune) – Successive critical hits summon an Einherjar that deals stun damage before vanishing.
- Huginn’s Call (rune) – Combo finishers trigger a shockwave that staggers enemies and breaks shields.
- Freki’s Charge (rune) – Freki leaps and knocks back an enemy after you take three consecutive hits.
- Muninn’s Alacrity (rune) – Gain a burst of speed after a perfect dodge.
- Geri’s Howl (rune) – When you’re low on health, Geri howls and makes enemies cower in fear.
- Various hairstyles and beards are also available.
Kara’s Tokens, Boasts, and Challenges
To obtain the aforementioned items, you’ll need to amass Kara’s Tokens in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarok. These come from the challenges that are presented to you. Before we get to those, you’ll want to take note of Boasts. These are basically modifiers to make these encounters more difficult. The more Boasts are active, the more Kara’s Tokens you’ll earn. However, bear in mind that using the same Boasts over and over won’t net as much later on.
As for the challenges themselves, these have difficulty levels symbolized by skulls. Prior to starting them, you can select certain modifiers such as:
- Enemy stun resistance (i.e., includes nullifying grab attacks).
- Lowered melee damage from each successive hit until you deal ranged damage.
- Increased enemy damage after you use an ability.
- Longer cooldown for Hugr-Rip powers.
- Hostiles no longer grant Hugr-Rip energy.
Note: New kinds of boasts are unlocked by picking up Heroic Sagas (i.e., scroll icons on the world map).
The Kara’s Domain challenges in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarok represent encounters or foes that you’ve seen during progression. Just play the expansion’s campaign normally and explore this realm, and more will become available.
For instance, Muspelheim’s Legacy has a few waves of regular enemies from Svartalfheim. Meanwhile, Fallen Warriors and Midgard Challengers are bouts against mobs, as well as named NPCs that you’ve fought in the campaign. Likewise, there’s Warlord of the Muspels, which is the introductory boss battle against Surtr.
There’s also a Tale of Ice and Fire, which doesn’t end in a disappointing Season 8. Rather, it has you facing off against Sinmara’s Chosen (assuming you’ve already eliminated them). This culminates in a showdown against a secret boss named Riekr (if you already took her out to get the Jotnar Cleaver).