Astroneer, the game of interplanetary exploration, has been doing rather well on Steam and the latest update is now live.
Version 119 brings cross-play between the Windows 10 Store, Xbox One and Steam versions of the game so they can now talk to each other which is good news. Performance updates are still being worked on according to the 119 patch notes. They also tell players to look out for a few non-specific surprises. How mysterious.
Astroneer build number 0.2.10119.0 Notes
- Cross-play multiplayer between Xbox One and Windows 10 Store PC versions now works!
- Fix up the way that objects with research items get dug up. You can now kill hazards without uncovering their buried research item.
- Make spikers destroy after a bit when you dig them up.
- Spikers can be jumped on without hurting you, like that jellyfish scene from Finding Nemo.
- Improve the distance at which objects have physics, allowing (for example) zebra balls to roll further from player
- Fix the disappearance of vehicles and items, particularly when frame rates are low.
- A couple surprises you’ll have to discover.
- Work is still underway for massive performance increases. Expect to see some of that in the next patch or so.
- The team is moving offices! We’re staying in Seattle but will be moving to a larger office so that we can grow our team. This is partly responsible for the increase in time between 117 and 119 patches.
- We’ll be doing a stream either this week coming up or first thing the following week to hopefully show off some of the new content coming to Astroneer.
- Check our Twitter for the latest.