Loot is life. Nothing beats finding a hidden trove of beautiful shiny baubles and trinkets. Baldur’s Gate 3 knows just how to tick all those boxes, as it rewards you for your avid exploration and wise choices with plenty of rewards. The game itself is enormous, with thousands upon thousands of options to keep you playing for hours. However, some of those options can be a little complicated, and you don’t want to get them wrong and miss out on possible loot. Taking the time to find a guide and make sure you’re not setting a foot wrong will ensure you get the best gear. In this guide, we can work through the Ornate Mirror choices and make sure you know what you’re doing with the Balsam Ointment in Baldur’s Gate 3.
Balsam Ointment and Ornate Mirror answers
As you make your way through Baldur’s Gate 3, you will come across the Alchemists Cellar in the Blighted Village. In this cellar, you need to take a little look around. On further investigation, you will notice there is a hidden room you need to access. Inside the room is an Ornate Mirror with a spirit trapped within. Answering the mirror questions correctly in Baldur’s Gate 3 will grant you access to another room full of wonderful loot.
Here are the answers you need to give to gain access behind the mirror in Baldur’s Gate 3.
- Speak Your Name – Give the mirror your name.
- Step forward and declare yourself an ally – Yes, an ally! I’m an ally of your master’s.
- What think you of the zulkir known as Szaas Tam? – A foul lich. May he die a thousand more deaths.
- Tell me, why might one use balsam ointment? – I read a doctor’s journal—he used balsam to clean a wound.
- If you could see anything in me, what would it be? – I’d look for whatever spell will rid me of this worm in my head.
Bear in mind that answering any of these questions incorrectly will have the mirror fire fireballs at you. I would not recommend fighting a mirror; there’s definitely a metaphor in there somewhere. Finally, once you have answered all the answers correctly about the Balsam Ointment, the Ornate Mirror will grant you access to the locked room in Baldur’s Gate 3.