Still hooked on Banished? There’s a new update out today with which should improve your experience.
Being one man development team is not easy but Luke Hodorowicz is cracking on with releasing updates for his city builder. In version 1.0.3 , which was recently in beta, there are more bug fixes herd splitting is foxed and there’s even some improvements for citizens not assigned jobs.
Version 1.0.3 of Banished should be available soon. If you play on Steam, it will auto update shortly. Those that bought from gog.com, the Humble Store or direct from the website will have to download the new version from whichever sales portal was used. It may take a few hours for the builds to go live – they were just sent a few minutes ago.
If you used humble bundle or direct from the website and can’t find your original download link, you can use the humble key resender to re-request the download link.
Whats changed in 1.0.3?
- * Fixed a potential crash that could occur if two buildings overlapped.
- * Fixed splitting or emptying herds from pastures. This will no longer cause small pastures to become overfull.
- * Added an option to set the scale of status icons. This is useful in ultra wide resolutions where the icons become large.
- * Fixed a bug that caused large population cities to randomly unassign workers.
- * Fixed a pause/lag that would occur as the game reassigned workers to new professions.
- * Fixed a bug that allowed the edges of tunnels to overlap other buildings.
- * Fixed an infinite loop that occured using the path tool when a citizen couldn’t get from home to a workplace.
- * Citizens without a workplace will once again do any job on the map. Citizens that have jobs will generally still stay near their workplace unless work to be done has been around for several months and no general laborer has done it.
There’s still no mod kit available but it is coming. In a recent update from Luke he stated that he wanted to fix game issues sooner rather than later so it sounds like it took a bit of a back seat. Fingers crossed that now 1.0.3 is fully released he can concentrate on the mod kit once again.
If you’ve not tried this competent city builder then check our review.Related to this article
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.