The Battlefield 4 Platoon program launches on February 27th. The Platoon program will allow gamers to communicate and plan out game strategy using the Battlelog. According to DICE, once the program rolls out this week users will be able to:
- The ability to create and join a Platoon for up to 100 members.
- Basic Platoon management such as inviting, applying, and promoting/demoting members.
- A private and public Platoon feed, where you can communicate and coordinate.
- A Platoon emblem and tag that all members can easily apply.
- The ability to earn stats for your Platoon and rank it up, and see all the matches you played together.
Gamers will be able to rank up using the Platoon program. In order for players and the Platoon to earn stats, four players from the same platoon must compete in the same match of Battlefield 4. The points and stats you earn will be accumulated and dumped into the Platoon and will be averaged out. Aside from ranking up your individual your Platoon can rank up as a unit as well. Initially this will only be from levels 1-10, but future levels will come later through updates.
Users will also be able to fully customize their Platoon. From creating the Platoon name and four digit tag, users can also create emblems that will display with your Platoon. In order to create a Platoon you must be a Battlefield Premium member, and be ranked at level 10 or higher. Any player can join a Platoon and is also not platform specific. For example, a Battlefield 4 player on PC can create a Platoon and have Xbox users join the same Platoon.
“We will continue to work on the feature to refine and expand it, but now we will finally have the opportunity to see it in action and get some real-world feedback. Now is the time for all our players to tell us what they like, what they want improved, and what they want to see next,” DICE said. Platoon will be rolled out to battlefield 4 users on February 27th.Related to this article