There’s still no date for the start of the Battlefield: Hardline open beta, but Visceral (or EA) has put up two pages detailing every map and mode in the game.
Your nine maps are as follows:
- Downtown (LA’s city center, shut to the public by police)
- Bank Job (a high security bank, plus vault)
- The Block (a liquor store and bail bonds office, and home to a criminal ring)
- Dust Bowl (a small desert town named Joad, which has been involved in meth trafficking)
- Hollywood Heights (Bojack Horseman’s house)
- Growhouse (an illegal weed-growing operation, regretting not setting up in Washington State)
- Derailed (industrial warehouses on the outskirts of LA)
- Riptide (a high-tech island home, surrounded by smaller islands)
- Everglades (a Florida-based fracking site)
The modes, meanwhile, are these seven variations:
- Conquest (the Battlefield staple, returning for Battlefield: Hardline – capture and hold bases)
- Team Deathmatch (obviously)
- Heist (the criminal team is aiming to break into a location and abscond with two bags of cash, the cops must stop them)
- Blood Money (both teams are trying to grab cash from each other’s vaults, while also securing what they already have)
- Hotwire (the criminals want to steal a list of marked cars, cops are trying to repossess them)
- Rescue (a “cop-centric” mode where you play as SWAT members attempting to rescue a hostage; there are “no second chances” in this mode – so no respawning)
- Crosshair (no respawning in this mode either, which sees a former criminal attempting to flee his former crew – while the cops attempt to protect their new witness)
There are also quite a few new video snippets, showing the various Battlefield: Hardline maps and modes in a number of combinations.
Battlefield: Hardline is due in March. Here are some map images.