Are you looking for the best sorcerer leveling build for Diablo 4 so you can level up quickly in World Tiers 1 and 2? After lots of theorycrafting and testing during the beta periods of Diablo 4, I have found the best sorcerer leveling build. By using this build, you will reach level 25 in no time and then be able to swap over to another end-game build. This build is great for fighting many enemies, elites, and bosses, which I will discuss in greater detail.
Diablo 4 ice shards sorcerer leveling build
Ice sorcerer skill rotations
This Diablo 4 Ice Shards Sorcerer leveling build uses Frost Skills to manage the battlefield and control enemies while providing you with fantastic resource regeneration. First, you will use the Frost Nova ability to freeze enemies around you and apply the Vulnerable Effect. After that, depending on your situation, you will follow up with either Ice Shards to slay any remaining enemies or Blizzard to apply Chill, which will Freeze enemies. You will also never run out of mana due to the chosen Aspects using this build, which means you can constantly be casting Ice Shards and Blizzard, which are the core spells of this build.
Best Diablo 4 sorcerer leveling build skills
The skill list below will tell you at which level you can pick up these skills so you know exactly when to invest in a skill. One important note is that you want to pick up an Active Skill when able instead of a Passive Skill. Then, after you’ve picked up the Active Skill, you can return and pick up the missing Passive Skill.
- Level 2: Frost Bolt
- Level 3: Enhanced Frost Bolt
- Levels 4-8: Ice Shards
- Level 9: Teleport
- Levels 10-14: Frost Nova
- Level 15: Ice Armor
- Level 16: Glinted Frost Bolt
- Level 17: Enhanced Ice Shards
- Level 18: Blizzard
- Level 19: Greater Ice Shards
- Level 20: Enhanced Teleport
- Level 21: Enhanced Frost Nova
- Level 22: Mystical Frost Nova
- Level 23: Enhanced Ice Armor
- Levels 24-25: Glass Cannon (3 points)
- Level 25: Enhanced Blizzard
Remember that this build uses 26 Skill points, as two skill points come from earning Renown in Fractured Peaks. So by the time you reach level 25, you will have 26 skill points because of this. You will use these extra two points for Glass Cannon and Enhanced Blizzard.
Best Diablo 4 sorcerer leveling build enhancement slot
At level 15, you will want to place Ice Shards into your Enhancement Slot, causing your Ice Shards to focus on Frozen enemies, which lets you kill them much faster. You can unlock the first Enhancement Slot by completing the Legacy of the Magi quest. This quest is automatically started when you hit level 15.
Best Diablo 4 sorcerer leveling build codex of power
These codex of power choices will make your spells more effective and provide you with insane resource regeneration.
- Aspect of Piercing Cold: Allows your Ice Shards to pierce more enemies.
- You can obtain the Piercing Cold from Dead Man’s Dredge in Fractured Peaks.
- Aspect of Biting Cold: Increases your chance to make Frozen enemies Vulnerable.
- You can obtain the Aspect of Biting Cold from the Forgotten Depths in Dry Steppes.
- Aspect of Control: This aspect should be slotted in a Two-Handed weapon, which will cause you to do more damage to Frozen enemies.
- You can obtain Aspect of Control from the Sunken Library in Kehjistan.
- Aspect of Efficiency: Casting a Basic skill reduces the Mana cost of your next Core skill by 10-20%.
- You can obtain the Aspect of Efficiency from the Domhainne Tunnels in Scosglen.
- Aspect of the Umbral: Restores 1-4 mana when you Crowd Control an enemy.
- You can obtain the Aspect of Umbral from the Champion’s Demise in Drye Steppes.
- Everliving Aspect: You take 20-25% less damage from Crowd Controlled or Vulnerable enemies.
- You can obtain the Everliving Aspect by extracting it from a Legendary item.
Best Diablo 4 sorcerer leveling build stats
You will want to focus on these three gear stats to complement the Ice Shards sorcerer leveling build:
- Intelligence: Increases damage dealt as you get x0.1% Skill Damage per point of Intelligence.
- Willpower: Increases critical chance as you get x0.1% Resource Generation per point of Willpower.
- Dexterity: Improved Mana recovery as you get x0.02% Critical Strike Chance per point of Dexterity.
You will also want to focus on armor that provides buffs to your skills from the following:
- Cold Damage
- Damage to Chilled Enemies
- Damage to Crowd Controlled Enemies
- Damage to Frozen Enemies
- Frost Skill Damage
Focusing on your gear in the early levels will be tough, so while the above is essential, don’t stress too much until you hit level 50. This is when you want to focus on gear stats and buffs.
How to fight bosses with the Diablo 4 ice shards sorcerer leveling build
Your priority in boss fights is to trigger Ice Armor, which will provide you with a Barrier to mitigate damage and amplify the damage of your Ice Shards spell since the boss will be considered Frozen. You will then want to trigger Frost Nova every 6 seconds to inflict the Vulnerable status effect. Finally, keep casting Blizzard and Ice Shards until the boss is frozen. At this point, you can hammer the boss with Ice Shards until you slay it. Use your Frost Bolt occasionally to help with Mana regeneration.