Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare now has a Steam page, and that Steam page has some minimum PC specs on it. Curiously, the minimum specs are all that’s listed, so we’ll just have to assume anything better than these are what’s ‘recommended.’
Interestingly, 6GB of RAM is once again listed as part of the minimum requirements. You may recall Call of Duty: Ghosts having a similar requirement (and some sort of hard-coded check that prevented people with less RAM from playing,) until various tech-savvy PC players proved that the game did not require 6GB at all. The game was then patched to allow PC owners with 4GB to play.
Will something similar happen with Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Perhaps. We’ll probably find out in November. Meanwhile, here are the minimum listed specs:
- OS: OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit / Windows 8.1 64-Bit
- Processor: Intel® CoreTM i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz / AMD PhenomTM II X4 810 @ 2.80 GHz or better
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 450 @ 1GB / ATI® Radeon™ HD 5870 @ 1GB or better
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Hard Drive: 55 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX-compatible
In addition to these PC specs, it looks like a Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare ‘launch’ trailer was released over the weekend as well. This may set the record for a launch trailer released furthest from the actual launch date (of 4 November.) Anyway, here it is.