Ceithin-Har is a unique Forest Dragon for the Sisters of Twilight in Total War: Warhammer II. Here’s our guide to help you obtain this mythical creature.
Note: This guide is based on a Vortex campaign playthrough on VH/VH difficulty. For more information, check out our Total War: Warhammer II – The Twisted & The Twilight guides and features hub.
Total War: Warhammer II – The Sisters of Twilight and Ceithin-Har
The steps to obtain Ceithin-Har become available once the Sisters of Twilight reach level 12:
- Embed a Spellsinger hero in the Sisters of Twilight’s army.
- Move any character to the Venom Glade region. This is east of your starting location in the Witchwood.
- Conquer the Clar Karond settlement. If you buddied up with Clar Karond earlier, you could try to take out the faction now. Otherwise, Malekith or Morathi might be in control of this settlement later in your Total War: Warhammer II campaign.
The Ceithin-Har quest battle
You’ll fight a lot of Beastmen in this quest battle. The first bunch is defending a hilltop with a strange glowing orb and this army happens to have Minotaurs, Gor Herds, and a Cygor.
Around this time, I already had Ariel and several high-tier Wood Elf units, so I simply rushed towards the enemy position.
Thanks to playing defensively (and sacking/razing non-heathland settlements), I had enough gold to recruit a couple of Forest Dragons, Treemen, and Zoats. I basically just roasted the poor farm animals.
After clearing them out, more Beastmen reinforcements arrive. The good news is that they’ll appear one after the other (the first from the northeast and the second from the northwest).
You can eliminate the first army then turn around to trounce the next one.
Finally, the Skaven enter the fray. You’ll see a button at the lower right-hand corner of your HUD that lets you summon Ceithin-Har. Doing this will make the unique Forest Dragon swoop down and become usable as a separate monster unit.
That’s how the mechanic works as you’ll find out at the end of the quest battle:
- If the Sisters of Twilight are mounted on the Great Eagle Gwindalor, Ceithin-Har can act as a summon.
- Conversely, if the Sisters of Twilight are mounted on Ceithin-Har, then Gwindalor can be summoned during a fight.
Note: I suggest using Ceithin-Har as a mount. This majestic beast will still have the Dragon Breath ability anyway.
Anyway, with your ranks firmly bolstered, it looks like you’re ready to finish Total War: Warhammer II‘s campaign. It’s time to duke it out with Throt the Unclean in the final battle in the Witchwood.