When Colossal Order revealed Cities: Skylines everyone expected there to be natural disasters but they were not included in the base game. Disasters are on their way now in the Cities: Skylines Natural Disasters expansion.
The expansion will come with all kinds of horrendous disasters and this time the game will have an ending. Players will be challenged to cope with whatever happens by planning early warning systems, emergency services routes and fix the damage. Expect meteors, huge fires and more.
Natural Disasters will also come with a new scenario editor and a gameplay mode where players can actually win or lose a game.
The expansion is due for release this winter.
Cities: Skylines Natural Disasters Features:
- Deep, Impactful Gameplay: Keep your city going through the devastation of several possible doomsday scenarios, from towering infernos to the day the sky exploded
- With Great Power Comes Great Response Abilities: Plan for, and respond to, disasters using early warning systems, countermeasures, and new disaster responses such as helicopters and evacuations finally, a Paradox game where “Comet Sighted” actually means something
- Radio Saved the Video Game: Citizens can go Radio Ga-Ga with a new broadcast network, helping to rapidly spread evacuation warnings and emergency alerts or simply relax to new in-game music sstations
- An Objectively Good Feature: Scenario Mode allows players to design custom game objectives, including custom starting cities, win conditions, time limits, and more and share scenarios to tthe Steam Workshop
- Chirpocalypse Now: Heck yeah, new hats for Chirper
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.