The next installment in the Civilization franchise has finally been given an official release date. Civilization: Beyond Earth will be released on October 24th of this year.
It has also been announced that gamers who pre-order will get a free special Exoplanet map pack that contains six maps inspired by real planets. The pack will include:
• Kepler 186f – This lush forest planet is one of the oldest known Earth-like planets;
• Rigil Khantoris Bb – Orbiting the closest star to our solar system, the historical records of this arid continental planet’s settlement are well-preserved;
• Tau Ceti d – This planet of seas and archipelagos features a booming biodiversity and a wealth of resources;
• Mu Arae f – Tidally locked in orbit around a weak star, the southern hemisphere of this planet is a blistering desert where the sun never sets, while the northern hemisphere is perpetually in frozen darkness;
• 82 Eridani e – An alien world of scarce water and wracked by tectonic forces;
• Eta Vulpeculae b – A mysterious new discovery with unknown terrain.
Source: Inverted Controls
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.