This past weekend at San Diego Comic-Con 2018, Capcom revealed exclusive details about the Resident Evil 2 Collector’s Edition. The survival horror game is a complete remastering of the original Resident Evil 2, which first introduced Leon Kennedy.
The Collector’s Edition is available exclusively at GameStop in the USA and EB Games in Canada for $199.99 (239.99 CAD). Capcom also announced that details about a European Collector’s Edition are coming next month.
Here are all the juicy things you get:
- The Game, inside special packaging
- Extra DLC pack card (featuring two costumes for Leon, three costumes for Claire (Samurai Edge – Albert Model weapon)
- Ability to swap the soundtrack with the original version
- 12-inch Leon S. Kennedy (R.P.D. version) figure
- 32-page Ben’s File art book
- 25-track digital soundtrack
- “R.P.D.” Renovation Design Poster
Talk about packing a lot into a great bundle.
Pre-orders also include the “Samurai Edge – Chris Model” and “Samurai Edge – Jill Model” weapons. Resident Evil 2 arrives on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One January 25, 2019.
In an interview with GamingBolt News, Capcom Brand Manager Mike Lunn stated that there are no plans to bring Resident Evil 2 to the Nintendo Switch “at this time.” Also of note is the remake’s third-person perspective instead of the original’s fixed-camera angles. This is also similar to the gameplay introduced later in Resident Evil 4.