Conan Exiles launched into Steam Early Access on 31 January this year and now Funcom has pinned down a final release date for the open-world survival game.
Conan Exiles will be released fully on 8 May 2018 and there will be a boxed PC version release too. Pre-0rders for the Limited Collector’s edition are also now being taken and it includes a load of Conan related stuff such as:
- FIGURINE: 15 cm / 6 inch Conan the Barbarian polyresin figurine, modeled after Conan from the Conan Exiles cinematic trailer
- CUSTOM COMIC BOOK: Full-color print comic book created in collaboration with Dark Horse Comics specifically for this game. The comic book tells the story of Conan on one of his adventures in the Exiled Lands.
- SOUNDTRACKS: Three soundtracks featuring the music from Conan Exiles as well as the music from Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures and Age of Conan: Rise of the Godslayer.
- ARTBOOK: Go behind the scenes and discover some of the incredible production artworks developers used to guide their vision for the game in this full-color, print artbook.
- WORLD MAP: Full-color printed map of the world of Conan Exiles.
- DIGITAL COMIC BOOKS: Code to unlock six full-color digital comic books from Dark Horse Comics, featuring the entire “A Witch Shall Be Born” story arc.
- DIGITAL RPG BOOK: Code to unlock the 368 full-color digital rule book created by Modiphius for their Conan pen and paper role-playing game. Everything you need to play!
The game is set to increase to $39.99, an increase of $10 on the Early Access price of $29.99. This is what they are calling the “launching price”. The final game will be double the size and they are adding the volcano area and an entire new jungle biome.
“Early Access and Game Preview has been an absolutely invaluable tool for us in developing Conan Exiles,” says Creative Director Joel Bylos. “Being able to get direct feedback from players has allowed us to focus our work on improvements, bug fixes, and new content. We still have a few months to go and are by no means done squashing bugs and making improvements. We’re working hard on new content and gameplay mechanics – including the new jungle and volcano biomes!”
To celebrate the news, Funcom released a new trailer to highlight some of the new features coming to the game which will include an entirely new biome and a new combat system.