Yet another patch for Conan Exiles has been released today, keeping up Funcom’s record for regular updates to the game. As with previous patches, it’s named after the date of release: so say hello to version 21.2.2017.
It’s not a huge one this time, but if you’ve been struggling with getting voice chat to work then this may help. The patch notes state that Conan Exiles is now using Steam peer-to-peer for voice chat functionality, and should now “have less latency and clicks”. Funcom invites feedback from players on how the new chat system is working.
In addition, it seems the game had a problem with projectiles fired by spiders. I also have a problem with projectiles fired by spiders, because those sound terrible. Either way though, this patch makes them the “correct” size again. Whatever that was.
Here are the full notes. Explosive jars still seem to be an ongoing issue.
- Fixed long load times into main menu after PC restart
- Rolled out a fix for players occasionally being sent to main menu while loading
- Made database serialization more robust
Asian region servers are being brought up right now. These servers will have 2x XP and 2x Harvesting for 1 week [excluding Blitz PvP servers]. These servers are physically located outside of Asia. We are still waiting for new server hardware to arrive in Asia. Once the hardware has arrived we will move the game databases onto the servers located in Asia.
General Bug Fixes and Improvements:
- Spider projectiles have the correct size again
- Voice chat now uses Steam peer-to-peer. This should fix cases where voice chat did not work in addition to improving server performance
- Voice chat should have less latency and clicks. Please give us feedback about how the new voice chat works and suggest improvements.
Middle-Eastern countries have been moved out of the game`s Asian region
We are currently aware of the following issues in Conan Exiles:
- Explosive Jars exploits. We expect to roll out a fix for these very soon.
- Stacks of items will in certain situations have their size set to 1. We are working on a fix.
- Bows occasionally won’t fire or consuming ammunition. We are working on a fix.
- We are aware that archers and archer thralls overshoot their targets and are harmless unless at point blank range. We are working on a fix.