In today’s contest you can win classic beat ’em up 9 Monkeys of Shaolin for PS4 or Steam!
It’s almost the New Year! In most of the world, anyway. I think Chinese New Year is still a few months away, so there goes my good segue for this one. Oh well, just pretend my idea was clever and timely.
We’ve got some copies of classic beat ’em up title 9 Monkeys of Shaolin to give away, just in time for the [not] Chinese New Year!
9 Monkeys of Shaolin
Read all about it while I put my dragon suit back in storage.
9 Monkeys of Shaolin marks a true rebirth of the iconic beat-em-up genre in the vein of old school arcade games. If you had fun playing beat-em-up videogames for hours as a kid, crushing foes left and right, then this new title from the creators of hardcore brawler REDEEMER is definitely for you.
Playing as the simple fisherman, Wei Cheng, you must avenge the death of your friends and family who were slaughtered during a pirate raid of your peaceful village. The game’s main villain is quite a tough nut to crack as he knows the basics of ancient martial arts only mastered by legendary Shaolin monks. Get your trusty battle staff ready for a challenging adventure in Medieval China and for merciless fights with hordes of various enemies.
Action-packed battles, user friendly controls and incredible atmosphere of great kung-fu movies of the 1970s – all this makes 9 Monkeys of Shaolin a perfect choice for every true fan of hardcore brawlers.
- 3 unique fighting styles – Fight on earth, in the air, or use mysterious magic seals. Combine these elements to defeat every enemy in your way
- Captivating narrative – Discover the fascinating story of Wei Cheng and follow him as he rises from a simple fisherman to the master of Shaolin martial arts
- Stunning visual style – Unique combination of historical and mystical elements gives you an exciting experience from every scene appears on screen
- Co-op play – Invite your friend to help you fight through growing waves of enemies and complete the game together
- Extensive character development system – You learn multiple paths to victory as you discover various unlockable perks, items and fighting styles
- More than 25 different levels – Chinese villages, pirate ship, Buddhist monasteries, Japanese mansions, ancient ruins and many more
I wish I had a pirate ship.
How To Win
To enter to win, use the widget below to leave your name and email address. You can enter daily. Click around for ways to earn bonus entries, and be sure to comment below telling us what you’d do with your own pirate ship!
We have five copies each for PS4 (NA) and Steam to give away; winners will be drawn next year! Our copies are split between PCI and sister site Destructoid. It’ll be ok.