After first landing on Steam Early Access in 2015, CrossCode finally has an official release date. The 2D action-RPG releases in full on September 20. Alongside the CrossCode release date, there’s plenty of new content coming, too.
According to publisher Deck13, CrossCode‘s release will coincide with a major update. The update adds the rest of the game’s story, which contains more than double the content in the early access version. New enemies, boss encounters, and regions to explore are coming as well.
CrossCode is something of an early access success story. It’s sold more than 100,000 copies over the last two years and currently holds an “overwhelmingly positive” Steam user rating. Its fast-paced gameplay and retro-inspired gameplay evoke a bygone era of exhaustive JRPGs, something PC platforms tend to lack.
Here’s a detailed breakdown of the new features coming to CrossCode in the game’s 1.0 version, courtesy of developer Radical Fish:
- The complete main story with at least twice the amount of cutscenes
- Awesome and dramatic plot moments
- A completely new area and dungeon, plus several new extensions in existing areas
- Rhombus Square, the largest city in CrossCode
- New party members
- Over 9 additional enemy types, and more variations among existing enemies
- Over 13 new boss fights and major battles
- 12 new quests
- Several menu improvements and quality-of-life additions
- A complete German translation
- Countless other small improvements/changes
Steam Achievements and Trading cards are also in the works, though the developer isn’t “100% certain” they’ll be ready for launch.
With just over a month until CrossCode leaves Steam Early Access, there’s plenty of work to be done. Radical Fish have big plans before hitting the CrossCode release date.