The previously-teased Crusader Kings 2 add-on The Reaper’s Due now has a confirmed release date of 25 August (but still no price). As usual for a Paradox DLC release of this sort, the game will get a free patch on the same day which will add a few additional features.
In The Reaper’s Due, the bubonic plague will become an issue for your realm to deal with (or try to hide from, if you want to just lock yourself up inside a castle for a bit). You’ll need to invest in hospitals and Royal Physicians in order to dodge the effects, and new Event chains will challenge your ability to rule in a medical crisis.
That’s all paid stuff. The Crusader Kings 2 update coming on the same day will add the following.
- New custom rules options at start up for epidemics, invasions, legal changes and so on,so you get the Middle Ages that you want.
- New options to auto-save the game at different time intervals.
- A new interface for better understanding the death and succession of rulers.
- Adjustments to how alliances work, including AI attitudes to disloyal allies.
- Major improvements to game optimization.
- “Continue” button on game launcher to get you to your map even faster.
- New mod triggers to account for The Reaper’s Due content.
- Tons and tons of balance and gameplay tweaks, plus new events.