Sects, cults, and hidden secret societies are the (religious) order of the day in Crusader Kings 2’s newly announced Monks & Mystics DLC. Coming out “soon,” it’ll open pathways for characters to join dubious underground organisations in order to gain power and prestige.
The descriptive blurb doesn’t specifically say you can become a secret lizard person controlling the world economy, but obviously that’s always going to be the dream for any secret, powerful organisation. It does say your characters will be able to unlock “forbidden knowledge” though. Hail Satan!
Here’s what Monks & Mystics has in store for all you budding cultists.
- Monastic Orders: With lay offices available to non-clerical characters, monastic orders will increase your character’s piety – but they have expectations.
- Cults: Gnostic heresies may flourish and its is rumored that the worship of Satan continues in the darkened fringes of the world
- Climb the Ranks: Characters work their way up the ladder of Societies, unlocking new abilities and triggering new event chains
- Hunt for Heretics: Send your chaplain out to find secret societies that undermine the holy church and your realm. But what if the hunter is guilty himself?
- Other New Councillor Actions: Your councillors have a fourth action that will make them more powerful and integral to sound rulership
- And much more: Assassins, archaeological expeditions, holy relics, great treasures and more