As if scheming vassals and assassination plots weren’t enough to deal with in Crusader Kings 2, upcoming DLC The Reaper’s Due will add medical epidemics to your list of royal worries. The bubonic plague is coming to the realm.
That’s obviously not going to be great for your Kingdom, especially as sickness will be able to spread along trade and sea lanes in this new DLC. Might be a good idea to invest in the latest Medieval hospital technology before that happens. Or, if you want to go all Mask of the Red Death, you can opt for Seclusion in your castle while everybody else dies.
Here’s a more extensive feature list for The Reaper’s Due. It doesn’t have a release date or a price yet, but it appears to be one of the smaller Crusader Kings 2 expansions. So I’d imagine a price closer to Way of Life than, say, Old Gods.
- Epidemics Boosted: As diseases may spread from province to province along trade and sea lanes, they lower your manpower and sap your wealth
- Hospitals and Royal Physicians: Prevent the outbreak of disease in your kingdom, and make sure your courtiers have access to the latest in Dark Ages Medical Science
- Prosperity and Royal Focus: Well managed provinces in peaceful kingdoms will pay huge dividends in gold and levies
- Seclusion: Shield yourself from the diseases tearing your kingdom apart, even if it means ignoring the plight of your people
- New Event Chains: Is the new epidemic the End of Days? Is there someone else to blame for these horrors? Are there supernatural origins or solutions to the world’s problems?