Paradox have announced the latest expansion for Crusader Kings 2 today, which will see player stepping out on the steppe as Horse Lords.
The eighth major adding to the game is said to be coming to digital retailers “very soon,” and will challenge people to become the Great Khan, Ruler of the Sky.
To that end, there’s said to be a “revised interface,” expanded map, and brand new rules for succession and trade. The listed feature highlights are as follows:
– Nomadic rule: Distinct from the tribal governments already in game, nomads need lots of space and resist the trappings of settlement
– Clan politics: Rule a clan within a nomadic tribe, split clans that get too large, fight for dominance, and proclaim feuds and blood oaths
– Muster Hordes: Raise vast armies of horsemen and archers, mobilizing your entire population to ride forth and conquer
– Silk Road: This rich trade network can bring great wealth to whomever controls the cities along the route – but it’s especially ripe for pillaging.
– Larger Map: The Central Asian plains have been expanded
– Tributaries: New diplomatic relationship for nomad states forces defeated enemies to keep the Khan’s coffers filled.
– Forts: build temporary fortifications to hold a province under your sway for just long enough for you to finish the war.
Here’s the brief Crusader Kings 2: Horse Lords teaser trailer.