Paradox are back with more Crusader Kings II action in a new expansion they are calling Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods.
The expansion will take gamers further back in time, as far back 867 AD giving budding conquerors the chance to play as a Pagan or Zoroastrian ruler. Going back this far in history probably means even more ruthless brutal warfare, they were right bastards back then.
Features players can look forward to include:
- Religious Turmoil: Restore the Old Gods to prominence through sacrifice and divination, or force the pagans to convert through new missionary missions
- Earlier start: 200 years of more gameplay with the special 867 AD bookmark
- Rebels With a Cause: Rebels are no longer faceless rabble, but led by defined characters with specific agendas
- Adventurers: Watch as landless younger sons and charismatic warriors raise armies
- Pillage and Prosper: Loot provinces and burn cities to the ground lest your warrlike people grow angry during extended peacetime!
- Heathens: Convert them or play as them and survive, reforming your faith to stand the test of time
- Prepared Invasions: Declare your intent to invade a rich target, and watch adventurers and opportunists flock to your banner.
- Unholy UI: A new pagan interface is available alongside all-new events, decisions, and units.
The game is expected to be released some time in Q2 of this year.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.