The blessings and perks you can unlock in Curse of the Dead Gods are extremely powerful. They can truly change the way you approach each run. Here’s our guide to help you out.
Note: For more information, check out our Curse of the Dead Gods guides and features hub.
Curse of the Dead Gods guide: Choosing the best blessings and perks for your character
At the start of your Curse of the Dead Gods campaign, you won’t be able to unlock most blessings. That’s because these require you to obtain more blood emblems from temple progression. Likewise, you’ll need to farm more crystal skulls, similar to how you’d unlock Weapon Altars and Divine Favors in the game.
Anyway, beginners would see that five options are available. I would suggest choosing either “Furious Skin” (+50% more damage for six seconds after you take damage) or “Favor of Si’chal” (+1,000 gold and +5 perception at the start of your run).
Progressing further and completing more temples will also let you use additional slots for your blessings and perks. Towards the end, you’ll have three slots available before going on your dungeon run.
Oh, and speaking of the Si’chal blessing (perception), that and two others offer extra boosts to your attributes from the get-go. They are “Gust of Agility” and “T’amok’s Bones” for dexterity and constitution respectively.
All right, here are some blessings to watch out for (and not in a good way):
- “Yaatz’s Wrath” – The large stun radius also extinguishes or destroys light sources like braziers.
- “Reptilian Hunger” – The effect is solely for your greed kill counter when you’re out of combat or transitioning between rooms. You still need to speedily kill enemies when they’re around.
- “T’amok’s Protection” – This is a crutch blessing and a trap, too, since there are sections of a room that won’t have light sources, or enemies (and other effects) would quickly extinguish them.
- “Divine Perception” – I don’t know if it’s just bad RNG, but the drops were still useless.
As for Curse of the Dead Gods‘ best blessings and perks, at least based on my runs, I’d go with the following:
- “Serpent’s Bounty” – Non-optional champions and bosses drop five items instead of two. By the time you’re clearing higher temple tiers, you’d be fighting two to three of these each run. This also aids you since you’ll have several items that you can “offer to the gods” to gain a quick heal, attribute boost, or corruption reduction.
- “Favor of Si’chal” – Already discussed above. This gets you ready to buy stuff with gold so you don’t do blood offerings.
- “Grace of the Tempest” – +1 dexterity every time you clear a room without taking damage. It’s a great way to boost your DPS.