Both PC versions of Dark Souls 2 (the older DirectX 9 and newer Scholar of the First Sin) have received patches today, which should address that persistent weapon durability bug.
The older version got an 8mb patch, while Scholar had one that was closer to 350mb. At the time of writing there aren’t any additional patch notes up on Steam, or at the Dark Souls 2 site, so it’s assumed that the patch makes the changes trailed a few weeks back.
In terms of the PC version(s), that means the following:
Steam (DirectX 9) and Steam (DirectX 11):
– Fixed issue whereby weapon durability was decreased drastically when used on enemy corpses, friendly characters, etc. (Especially apparent for users running the game at 60 fps as the durability decrease rate was linked to the frame rate).
– Fixed issue whereby actions requiring both button and stick controller input (Jump Attack, Guard Break) were not properly registering in-game.
Steam (DirectX 11) only:
– Fixed issue whereby summoning sign was displayed in Drangleic Castle and Throne of Want even though the player had defeated all bosses in the area.
– Fixed issue whereby the moment of death replay for some blood stains weren’t being displayed online.
– Fixed issue whereby client side may hang during the event movie for Laddersmith Gilligan in Earthen Peak.
– Fixed issue whereby the Host may not be able to load their save data after stopping the game while waiting for matching to complete in online mode.
On Steam (DirectX 9) only:
– Fixed issue whereby, when playing online, it may appear that the player is sliding forward because the walking motion animation is not being displayed properly.Related to this article