The next patch for Dark Souls 3, which will take the game to version 1.04, has been detailed on the game’s official Japanese language page. Thanks to the helpful translators of reddit, an English version can be read here (or below).
There isn’t a release schedule for this patch as yet, and (as with previous Dark Souls 3 updates) the lines referring to performance changes are incredibly vague. For those still running into bizarre crashing problems on PC, or major auto-save stutters, this is pretty much all you have to go on: “Fine tuned various other things, fine tune performance, and corrected various bugs.”
External to performance, it sounds like a lot of NPC questlines will be made easier to trigger, or (in the case of Greirat) fixed from their somewhat bugged state. The patch notes also imply that you may be able to join Rosaria’s Fingers for the respeccing options without instantly locking yourself out of the Sirris quest-line. That would be nice.
Here are the notes. Potential spoilers for some Dark Souls 3 character and boss names, and so on.
- Fixed a bug where you might not get items properly while accessing a covenant when a player joins your game.
- Some NPCs questline events have been made easier to trigger.
- Made the requirement for joining the Rosaria’s Fingers less strict.
- Fixed a bug when teleporting to Untended Graves.
- Amended an issue where kicks were being parried.
- Fixed a bug where Crystal Sage would not re-appear after warping in.
- Fixed a bug where Dragonslayer Armour would die on its own before you fight.
- Fixed a bug where Knight Slayer Tsorig would continue to gesture.
- Fixed a bug where Siegward would fail to save Greirat even though the conditions have been met.
- Fixed a bug where, when wearing a ring that increases Max HP, the change would not be reflected in some menus.
- Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would show (or not show) according to the settings.
- Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would continue to display when HUD display is set to AUTO.
- (Xbox One) Fixed a bug where you can’t access the functions Quit Game, access bonfire, or use online play items when failing to connect to an online session.
- (Xbox One) Fixed a bug where the game would crash to the title screen when you fail to connect to an online session.
- Fine tuned various other things, fine tune performance, and corrected various bugs.