At the end of this week, Dark Souls Remastered will launch for the PC and whether you have played the original or not, rest assured it’s a classic. Ahead of the release, there’s a new trailer to get fans in the mood for improved visuals and performance.
Assuming you already own the original, Bandai Namco offered a 50% loyalty discount on the Prepare to Die Edition and had been purchased before 9 May.
Specific enhancements in Dark Souls Remastered include:
- New Bosses – Including Black Dragon, Sanctuary Guardian, Artorias of the Abyss.
- PVP Arena & Online Matchmaking System – Quick matching for players to play 1vs1, 2vs2 and 4 player battle royal.
- New Areas – Including Oolacile Township, Oolacile Sanctuary, Royal Wood, Battle of Stoicism which is the training ground for online PVP battles.
- New Enemies – Including Wooden scarecrows, Chained Prisoner, Stone Knight.
- New NPCs – Including Hawkeye Gough, Elizabeth (keeper of the sanctuary).
- New Weapons and Armor – Equip some from the new bosses, enemies, and NPCs.
Dark Souls Remastered is one game not to be missed (see review), especially if you don’t own it already. The Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition was removed from Steam on 9 May and this new version will be the only version of the original when it releases this week.Related to this article
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.