Voice chat issues with DC Universe Online has caused furore among its many users, with one gamer asking why Sony is more concerned with updating icons than with fixing this ‘major’ problem.
One of the main features of the game is player communication and following numerous moans, Sony released a patch late last week, but the voice chat problem seemingly remains.
Posting on the game’s official forum, Arron wrote: “How quicky are you addressing it because in the patch that came out last night I noticed things like icon changes and level requirement for missions and things change, surely if you were aware of the voice chat problem like you say you are you should put all that crap to the back of the queue.”
A SOE rep has said on the forum: “We are currently working on implementing some chat improvements. In the interim I’d like to see if there are some specific areas or types of chat not working more often than others. If it’s a server load issue, we will absolutely address it.”
Here’s a list of changes the patch implemented:-
* Improved Client performance and stability.
* Addressed an issue that caused some PS3 players to hang or disconnect in the tutorial.
* Addressed an issue where other characters may appear to “warp” onscreen.
* The time it takes to get to Character Selection on launch has been reduced.
* Audio should no longer drop after cutscenes if you have your Music volume set to 0.
* The player’s Voice Chat Channel should now be selected according to the following priority, from highest to lowest:
* Equipping a new weapon should no longer cause your weapon appearance to disappear.
* Swapping weapons with your weapon style locked should no longer cause the weapon appearance to change.
Player character animations should no longer have the chance of getting stuck when weaponizing objects.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.