The Duality exotic shotgun can be obtained in Destiny 2: Beyond Light. However, you’ll need to own the premium season pass if you want to have it immediately. Here are some additional tidbits.
Note: For more information, check out our Destiny 2: Beyond Light guides and features hub.
Destiny 2: Beyond Light – Getting the Duality exotic shotgun and checking the season pass
As soon as you open the premium season pass in Destiny 2: Beyond Light, you’ll see that the Duality shotgun can be grabbed along with the Wild Hunt armor set and a 20% XP boost. If you don’t have the premium season pass, then the regular version will have you waiting until you hit rank 35.
Anyway, aside from having the solar element, the Duality exotic shotgun has a couple of notable perks:
- Compression Chamber – The shotgun blasts pellets in a spread when you’re firing from the hip. Alternatively, you can aim down its sights so that it fires a slug instead.
- On Black Wings – Getting a kill with pellets grants you increased precision damage and reload speed. If you land a precision hit with a slug, the duration of the buff is extended.
Okay, it might sound tricky, at least on paper. But, it’s actually quite an easy weapon to use. Simply shoot and kill multiple mobs by hip-firing to get stacks of the On Black Wings buff. Then, whenever it’s active, aim-down-sights (ADS) and shoot enemy weak spots with slugs. That should refresh the duration.
Next, visit Banshee at the Tower to get the quest steps for the catalyst:
- Earn 300 points from Gambit and Crucible wins as well as Nightfall Ordeal completions (legend difficulty or higher).
- 50x Guardians defeated with Duality.
- 100x targets defeated with Duality’s slug shot.
After completing these steps, you need to kill 400 enemies using Duality. This lets you obtain the masterwork.
The rest of Destiny 2: Beyond Light‘s season pass gives the stuff that you’ve come to expect from previous iterations. Of note are items like the Royal Chase scout rifle (rank 30) and Blast Battue grenade launcher (rank 45). Likewise, much later once you climb the higher ranks, completions of Crucible and Vanguard activities might net you these seasonal weapons and armors too.