We are just about a month away before Destiny 2: Beyond Light descends upon us. A big expansion such as this will mean loads of more content for Guardians to play through. And of course, more enemies will require some new weaponry to even the odds. Bungie has obliged, and the new Destiny 2: Beyond Light trailer runs the rules for the new guns and armor pieces.
All three classes will see some new armor pieces in Destiny 2: Beyond Light, but the big draw is surely the new firearms. The new trailer gave us a look at four new exotic weapons coming in Destiny 2: Beyond Light, and they are dripping with awesomeness.
- No Time To Explain (Pulse Rifle): If you are great at precision hits, this Pulse Rifle will be the one for you. Precision hits and hits on enemies affected by Stasis will return to the magazine. If you stack this effect, a portal will be summoned that fire off rounds from an alternate timeline of the weapon.
- The Lament (Sword): Hate those shielded enemies? Block hits with The Lament and then unleash its revved up power on shielded foes. It will even heal you if you wield it at its peak.
- Salvation’s Grip (Grenade Launcher): Crowd control at its best. The Salvation Grip fires off Stasis crystals that freeze enemies. You can even charge it to increase the amount of crystals that spawn as well as the freeze radius.
- Cloudstrike (Sniper Rifle): Pure spectacle awaits, as precision hits will generate lightning bolts that hit the target. Rapid precision shots will help summon an entire storm, frying your enemies to a crisp.
Guardians just had their arsenal of weapons enhanced, and we are not done just yet. The Destiny 2: Beyond Light trailer also showed off the new gear you can rock.
- Icefall Mantle (Titan Gauntlets): These replace a Titan’s Barricade with Overshield, so you will be able to absorb damage from incoming fire.
- Precious Scars (Titan Helmet): Reviving other players will be less of a risk now, as Titans will receive an Overshield aura that protects the wearer and his allies upon revival.
- Mask of Bakris (Hunter Helmet): Rather than dodging, gain a longer range Shift ability that also cloaks you when used.
- Arthrys’s Embrace (Hunter Gauntlets): The weighted knife now goes for a second ricochet, and rapid precision hits deal more damage and can even stagger enemies.
- Dawn Chorus (Warlock Helmet): The heat is on, as Daybreak projectiles will cause extra damage and burn enemies on contact. You will also gain melee energy each time a target is damaged by burning.
- Necrotic Grip (Warlock Gauntlets): Going up close and personal, this imbues your melee attacks with corruption, dealing damage over time. Defeating a corrupted foe will spread the poison to nearby targets and restore melee energy.
All in all, we are getting plenty of new items to chase and new ways to enjoy the fight. Bungie’s Destiny 2: Beyond Light expansion arrives November 10. In the meantime, you can get busy celebrating Halloween with the Festival of the Lost event.