Exotics and Exotic Quests
Exotics are some of the most sought-after items in the Destiny games. Back in July, we already mentioned the new exotics arriving in Forsaken. However, some old favorites are returning. Some of them are tied to quests or from various sources in the wild.
Ace of Spades
The Ace of Spades is Cayde-6’s hand-cannon and the token exotic of Forsaken. It’s part of a fairly challenging quest chain starting with the “Cayde’s Will” pursuit:
- Cayde’s Will — You’ll obtain this early on during the campaign. Take it to Banshee who will then give you the remaining quest steps.
- Get 5 Invasion Kills in Gambit with a Hand-cannon — Ouch! This means that you’ll need to wait for enemies to invade your play area and then get the kill on them using a hand-cannon. It’s a lot harder than it sounds.
- Kill 250 Enemies in Strikes with a Hand-cannon — This is fairly easy. Just equip one kinetic and one energy hand-cannon and just rack up those kills.
- Defeat 25 Enemies with Hand-Cannon precision kills — Another ouch! Make sure you’ve got a fairly accurate hand-cannon that you can rely on for consistent headshots — ie. Better Devils, Midnight Coup.
- Open Cayde’s stashes in various planets — Please refer to this post from Reddit user iParallaxed which details all the locations.
- Go to Titan and complete the “Ace in the Hole” mission — You can see how that mission goes in the video above courtesy of YouTube channel Destiny Guides.
- Return to Banshee to claim your Ace of Spades
The Chaperone drops randomly and is known as the “Holliday Family Heirloom” pursuit. Check out the video above from YouTuber DPJ. Here’s The Chaperone quest chain in detail:
- Get 20 shotgun kills in the Crucible — This is fairly straightforward.
- Using any weapon or ability, get Arc, Solar, and Void kills in the Crucible (kills add points, deaths subtract, reaching 100 percent with an element completes that portion) — So this one will take you some time depending on your setup and PvP capabilities. You’ll want to complete a specific element so that it no longer goes down whenever you get killed. For instance, if you want to focus on Arc first, use an Arc energy and Arc heavy weapon and an Arc subclass. Get that to 100 percent first and then move on to either Void or Solar.
- Defeat 15 Guardians in Gambit — This is fairly easy. It doesn’t matter whether you’re invading or they are. You’ll want to use ranged supers as well as a bow or Sleeper Simulant to rack up those kills.
Lord of Wolves
This shotgun returning from Destiny 1’s House of Wolves DLC can be obtained easily from Wanted Bounties that you can pick up from The Spider. Credits go to ZEFAGrimm, a Reddit user who informed the community about it.
Another Destiny 1 returnee, the Queenbreaker’s Bow isn’t tied to any quest chain or specific activity. In fact, it’s just a random drop from exotic engrams or from powerful gear rewards.