Destiny 2: Season of the Chosen introduces a new Stasis aspect for the game’s three classes. Likewise, there are new Stasis fragments for you to obtain. Here’s our guide to help you out.
Note: For more information, check out our Destiny 2: Season of the Chosen guides and features hub.
Destiny 2: Season of the Chosen – Obtaining your new Stasis aspects and fragments
The quest to obtain new Stasis aspects in Destiny 2: Season of the Chosen is called “Aspect of Influence.” You can get it by speaking with the Exo Stranger on Europa.
Note: It seems the quest first requires your character to have the previous Stasis aspects from Beyond Light/Season of the Hunt. You can obtain these by following the Born in Darkness objectives.
Anyway, your task is to head to the Well of Infinitude on Europa. It’s the location that you’d usually go to just to beat down Phylaks during an Empire Hunt.
Once you reach the part where the Vex wyverns tend to be, you’ll notice a mini-Pyramid floating in the air. Shoot this and the others with your Salvation’s Grip exotic.
Eventually, you’ll fight multiple Vex waves. Although these mobs have slightly higher power levels, this isn’t a Darkness zone so you should have any trouble eliminating them. You’ll receive an Empowered Skeleton Key for your troubles.
Your next objective is to complete the weekly heroic Exo Challenge. It has the following modifiers: Overload Champions, Blackout, Martyr, Grenadier, Solidarity Shard (+50% Stasis effectiveness). When you’re done, return to the main pyramid to unlock your new Stasis aspect in Destiny 2: Season of the Chosen.
The Stasis aspects have been data-minded already by Light.gg:
- Titan: Howl of the Storm – Use your charged melee ability while sliding to launch Stasis energy. This will freeze targets and create Stasis crystals.
- Hunter: Grim Harvest – Defeating slowed or frozen combatants creates Stasis shards; receive melee energy when picked up by your or an ally.
- Warlock: Bleak Watcher – Holding the grenade button converts your grenade into a Stasis turret that can slow down enemies.
As for the new Stasis fragments in Destiny 2: Season of the Chosen, well, here they are:
- Whisper of Chains – +10 recovery; take reduced damage when near a frozen target or a “friendly” Stasis crystal.
- Whisper of Torment – Gain grenade energy when you take damage from enemies.
- Whisper of Fractures – -10 discipline; melee energy recharges faster when near two or more enemies.
- Whisper of Impetus – Damaging targets with a Stasis melee reloads stowed weapons and gives a temporary boost to weapon ready speed.
Note: It seems that any Memory Fragments you didn’t use up still appear in your inventory, so you can grab the new Stasis fragments instead of the older ones. Still, if you wish to obtain everything, you’ll need to complete the fragment quests.